Try one, try them all!

Certainly a record for me. In the space of 10 days I've had the following cars as either loaners, for test drives or borrowed from family plus my own M3 which finally gone.

Mercedes ML350 Lexus LS350 X5 4.4 X5 3.0d Sport Mini Cooper S Porsche Boxster S Merc 350 SL

130M Sport Nissan Warrior (!!?) Z4 3.0 Coupe and Z4M roadster (15 minutes each only) X5 3.0d Sport (same one again) X3 2.0d Jeep Cherokee

Most fun was the 130M... plenty of power but felt very secure and planted. Z4 3.0 Coupe was under very strict supervision and Z4M even more so and only for about 10 miles each. Most suprising was the X3 2.0d which was a very nice car to drive with adequate power, aircon was scarily cold though!

Now waiting for an X5 to replace my M3 on Thursday.

Reply to
TonyK

Re-ordered a bit: -

Only driven the frst one. Rather waddly handling (compared to my equivalent

740i saloon). I suspect the perfomance will be a bit staid on any but the 4.4. OTOH 4.4 will be very thirsty. And you wouldn't want to scratch one of these by taking it off road.

as X5

Soft suspension.

Too cramped

Tail happy.

Nice, bit impracticable, but a lovely car for touring in the country in the summer.

??

Should be good, but a bit small.

Originally designed to be driven around battlefields at relatively low speed, short life and essentially disposable. The current model continues to fulfill these requirements.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton