2001 M3 rear shocks

Can anyone recommend a source for "reasonably" priced rear shocks for my

2001 M3 (USA)? My dealer is over $600. OUCH!!!

Thanks!

Reply to
sgfan3

Darn, other than suspension kits, these are hard to find. But, here is one choice: Pelican Parts

. They have the stock Boge for $123.25 ea. BMW part number

33 52 2 283 105.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smitter

Thanks, Bob. I'll give them a call.

Reply to
sgfan3

You are certainly welcome. I have a strong feeling that you will also need rear shock mounts. You might want to consider something better designed than stock. Pelican has a reenforced Meyle and a JTD replacement. For a really robust mount, look at Turner Motorsport.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smitter

Very perceptive, Bob. It is actually the mounts that have my attention right now. They are worn out and need to be replaced. I figured while I was there, I'd replace the shocks as well. As for the shocks, I've been quite happy with their performance and have no complaints with them. Do you think I can do better without compromising the relatively comfortable ride and without spending a fortune?

Reply to
sgfan3

I was completely satisfied with my stock suspension. It will cost a fortune to make any meaningful and properly conceived modifications. Just get those beefed-up mounts and replace the shocks if worn out with the Sachs/Boge ones.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smitter