Where's O2 Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1 for 1997 318is?

OBD scanner shows P0130 (O2 sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1) and P0135 (O2 heated circuit for sensor Bank1 Sensor 1). Autozone says 1997 318is has 4 sensors. 3 before catalytic converter, and one behind. Crawling under the car, I only see 2. One before and one after catalytic converter.

Questions:

  1. How many O2 sensors/monitors does '97 318is really have?
  2. Where is Bank 1 Sensor 1?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
liem00

To my knowledge, it should have 2, one before and one after the CAT.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Bank 1 Sensor 1 is upsteam of the catalyst.

Your car has 2 sensors, > OBD scanner shows P0130 (O2 sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1) and P0135 (O2 > heated circuit

Reply to
Pashlipops

Bank 1 Sensor 1 is upsteam of the catalyst.

Your car has 2 sensors, > OBD scanner shows P0130 (O2 sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1) and P0135 (O2 > heated circuit

Reply to
Pashlipops

liem00

A follow-up question. I ended up buying two universal O2 sensors (#USOS-4000) to replace the existing ones at this place; see the last one on the list:

The old sensors have 4 wires, 2 whites, 1 black, 1 grey. New sensors have the same number of wires and colors. I made wire-by-wire connection, but I still get engine faults: P0130 & P0136. Any idea?

Thanks, Liem

liem00 wrote:

liem00