Who should recover my car?

Hi, everybody!

The car is less than 1 year old. It was bought at a dealer company. All technical equipment and additional options was set only in spetial auto-service. One day I was driving my BMW-X5, but suddenly it burnt up on the road! I was talkiing to the dealer company and to BMW AG, but they answered: Dear Mr. ......, Thank you very much for your writing. We are sorry that you have to face to those troubles. We have got your writing concerning that case and then we connected with our dealer company in Russia. As we heard, your car was tested and it was found that there is not original BMW unit in it. So our problem is still staying unsolved.

-- Message posted using

information at

b00mer

Age old problems -- don't f*ck about with a new car. Wait until the warranty runs out then make sure you DIY or someone you can trust to do a good job - not a dealer!

Reply to
hsg

"b00mer" wrote

Is this a joke? You had some modifications performed by a non-dealer shop and now you want BMW to pick up the bill? What exactly was done to the car under "all technical equipment and additional options"?

Burnt up? What happened exactly? It caught fire and burned to the ground?

Pete

Reply to
Pete

I'm with Pete on this one. The amount of information in you post is very limited.

1) Who is the "dealer company"? A genuine BMW distributor/dealer in your country?

2) What do you mean by "All technical equipment and additional options was set only in spetial auto-service"?

3) What do you mean by "One day I was driving my BMW-X5, but suddenly it burnt up on the road!"? Did the vehicle catch fire?

4) If the vehicle caught fire, was the cause due to a non genuine accessory?

5) If the vehicle caught fire, then you should pursue this with your insurance company. If they can prove that the cause of the fire was due to a manufacturing defect, then they should send a copy of the fire investigation report to the distributor.

6) Are there any Recalls outstanding on your vehicle that could have caused this problem?

Reply to
Ali