Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

check/replace lower control arms on 2000 323
Hi, I know very little about BMWs, but a friend was told by her shop that she needs to replace the lower control arms on her 2000 323 wagon/80k miles. She was quoted US$1300. They told her this after...
12
12

89 bmw 325is
rear wheel wheeles will turn freely a little with a grinding noise help help
3
3

will replacing rf tyres make a difference to the ride
my wife has a chronic neck injury and can differentiate the ride between my current '04 525 and my previous 08' 528i. we both agree that the ride is more harsher and with the vehicle being relatively...
1
1

1988 BMW 535i rare beauty needs new home
I want to find a new home for a 1988 E28 535 i. This was a Texas car with full documentation since new. Please email me for details.

e46 service reset - no tool
Getting all sort of errors trying to post to some of the other threads out there so having to post this is a new discussion - How to reset the service indicator from the dash - from our friends on...

open spoke in nasty weather
I'm looking at getting Rial Nogaro wheels, they look similar to BBS style mesh. Question: does the open spoke/mesh design allow for more water (i.e. rain ) and debris to get into the wheel well area...
5
5

1,000,000th Locking Post
All, 94 525i My fuel door mechanism will unlock, but won't lock. When I disassemble it, true to form, the motor only spins when I unlock. Does this mean the circuit isn't reversing polarity properly?...
6
6

the number 18 stamped on type 44 wheels
I have a '03 325ci with OEM type 44 wheels, tires say 225 45ZR 17 there is the number '18' stamped in the center of the wheel.....what does this number indicate? this is a 18" wheel????
1
1

E28 OBC question (where is it!)
My OBC ('85 UK M535i) has been showing PPPP since I bought the car, time and date fns work OK but nothing else. I'm really struggling to find the relay box for the OBC. I can find the bonger and...
4
4

Board Computer
The Board Computer on my 91 535i doesn't seem to be "ON". The "BC" switch on the turn signal lever doesn't do anything and there is an empty patch on the instrument panel that should light up with...
8
8

different brand tires on same set of wheels
saw this thread while searching..... I have an offer to buy a staggered set of M contours...I want to use the Nexens tha tI currently have on the fronts and use the Kumho's that will come on the...
1
1

E36 328i replacing oxygen sensors
there's nothing wrong with them but i hear they go at about 60k miles. is it diffficult to replace? there are 4 of them , which one is likely to go ? thanks. doesnt seem cheap though. i hear 100 a...
9
9

How many hour to change a clutch BMW 318is '96 ?
How many hour can spend to change a clutch in a '96 BMW 318 is ? Just to understand if the bill is ok !!! Thanks
1
1

BMW 318is 1996: change the motor oil
How many liters do I have to buy?

1999 Z3 2.5 Questions
Hello all, Just bought a '99 Z3 2.5 stick last Saturday and am lovin' it. Owner's manual shopping on eBay as we speak (have you seen the prices for them?!!) and am sittin' in the dark here... If you...
4
4