Latest threads in BMW Cars and SUVsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

SCOOP: Complete 1502-2002tii Parts Catalog Released
from Keith 'After many years only in hard copy, we are now releasing the BMW Mobile Tradition Original Parts Catalog through the 2002 Registry and the Tii Register. This document is all of the...

E39 Speed Sensor replaced, but and code still remain??? please help
I had the 4 lights come on the dash couple days ago and took it to a mechanic friend who ran diagnosics with a snap-on reader. The "ABS", DSC triangle, "BRAKE" and something else, which I was told all...
8
8

Observations from the BMW Armchair
I dunno, Bill. For a guy with that many plastic radiators hanging around the house, I wouldn't be quite so damn cocky ... ;^) -- C.R. Krieger (A regular whiner holding my breath over the E28's...
7
7

E36 Reverse lights not working
Checked fuses and it shows 13v Checked wiring for damage in the rear not damage found Checked bulbs their good. Checked voltage across the bulbs which there is not when car is in reverse. I'm thinking...
2
2

325 E30 Numberplate lights
The numberplate lights on my e30 are not working. When I checked them, I found that there is no power getting to the bulbs. The earth is good, all fuses are ok, and the bulbs are good. When I looked...
1
1

The new 5-Series vs. Pontiac
So is "American Idol" ... -- C.R. Krieger (Not fooled by popularity)
13
13

Bmw 7 series E38 change number plates
Hi, I have bought personalized number plates for my E38 but cant figure out how to change them (front or rear), there aren't any screws in the number plates so they must be fixed on behind somehow,...
2
2

What E is my BMW?
Just bought a 2007 328XI, what "E" designation is this car? Thanks
14
14

HK05*** (Chandlers Worthing number plate)
Saw an M5 driven REALLY quickly (as it should) today in Sussex. All black with very dark tinted windows - nice Followed him for a few miles through Worthing before we both pulled off North, I was...

Another E36 fuel guage issue
Ok, the car's done this before. I mean the guage stayed on empty after filling the tank. A week ago, I switched on the ignition half way through filling up and the guage moved to half. Switched off...
3
3

Engine replacement on '94 530i
Hi folks, I bought a Nikasil 530i back in '03, at a suitably discounted price given the excellent condition of the body and interior and the likelihood of engine failure. It ran great for 3 years, but...
35
35

help i dont know what to do with my e36
I have a e36 compact 1996 1.6 when i turn the ignition on the fuel guage goes to the full position for about 5 seconds and then plummets to the empty position and stays there the light never comes on...
3
3

problema freni
ciao a tutti ragazzi, come va???? Allora avrei un problema con la mia macchina, una BMW serie 1=2E..Macchina Fantastica!!!!Fantastic Car!!!! Ho i freni che mi fischiano e la macchina e nuova....ce da...

Reliability of fuel consumption reported by computer
Based on how far I travel and how much fuel I put in at the pump, my recently-acquired 1995 730i is guzzling fuel at the rate of about 17mpg. But the computer says I am getting nearly 22mpg. That's a...
15
15

Power, torque -> acceleration
I have 1.6 liter '87 BMW. I am having trouble with it's Pierburg 1B2 carburetor (cold start and idle). Replacement parts are ~200 euro. In local Weber shop I was told that I can replace it with Weber...