1997 Catera

My ?97 Catera is, or appears to be overheating. I live in Phoenix and it is hot here! I have no problems with it in the winter months but I cannot go anywhere now with out watching the gauge like a hawk.

I read on another site that the gauge can sometimes "falsely" indicate overheating.

How do you know if it?s the gauge? Would an additional external oil cooler make any difference? Has anyone tried waterless coolant? Has anyone run just anti freeze?

Help!

Thanks

Reply to
Daddy