'81 Cadillac Eldorado

Hi all,

I'm caught between a rock and a hard spot. I'm looking for the control module that is in behind the heat/AC control on the dashboard (I think), that provides the diagnostic read-out on the face of the heater/AC panel.

To put some history to my dilemna, I purchased this Baby in the summer of '02. The only problem at that time was that the speed control wouldn't maintain speed when cruising down the highway, so I deferred to my 'working car', and left the Cad sit idle. In fact, it sat idle all winter. I'm talking Saskatchewan, where the temperature bottoms out at minus 20-30 and sometimes colder, and hold for weeks on end. Unfortunately, I didn't pull the battery, and it froze, perhaps affecting the ECM - and downline from there?

The ECM has since been replaced. Since then, I've had it in a mechanics shop (CAA-Saskatchewan) in Saskatoon, and they are advising that they need this control module behind the heat/AC control before they can do their trace. This is further complicated that for this particular year, it may be a 'design 1' or 'design 2' module that we're looking for.

Reply to
Bob Lloyd