What 3D CAD freeware might work well for this simple DXF style drawing?

Do you have experience with 3D CAD freeware on Windows to help advise me?
o What 3D CAD freeware might work well for a simple DXF style drawing?

The reason I ask is that, often, the expense of complex freeware packages
is in learning multiple GUIs just to hone in on the one freeware program
that does the necessary basic tasks well.
I have a need to modify a DXF drawing which prompted this question...

To provide expert CAD folks with an example test case, a friend today
hacked out this DXF drawing for me of a design I have in mind to create a
wheel jig for accurately measuring caster, camber and toe at home for DIY
alignment purposes. [This uploaded DXF will be deleted in a week though.]

That friend only uses professional software, so she was unable to advise me
as to which Windows freeware would be suitable for subsequently modifying
her DXF drawing to add the pins, handles, and other necessary trim &
shapes.
The main question is whether there's an acknowledge functional leader in
freeware 3D CAD for the Windows platform.
Googling, I found these three "may" be the best 3D freeware CAD programs
o AutoCAD
o Blender
o FreeCAD
Since Blender and FreeCAD didn't require an account, I tested them first:
o Blender
o FreeCAD
Since I wasn't able to download yet a free version of AutoCAD, and since
I'm brand spanking new to CAD drawing software, I figured I'd ask on the
net to see if anyone here has enough experience with 3D CAD software to
recommend the most functional freeware for this type of basic design.
Do you have experience with 3D CAD freeware on Windows to help advise me?
o What 3D CAD freeware might work well for this simple DXF style drawing?

Reply to
Arlen G. Holder
Fusion 360
Works well, if you are a student or educator (very loose requirements for both) you can get a free 3 year license.
Reply to
Steve W.
Hi Steve W,
Thanks for those details which will help me and others with your insight.
The price of freeware is often in the unknown gotchas, so it's nice to know that they don't force you to give away your firstborn to obtain the free 3-year license, and it's nice to know how long it lasts.
Thanks on behalf of everyone for sharing in the Usenet potluck. I apologize for the back-to-back thread, where something is wrong with my Usenet scripts as I still don't see the thread in the Windows ng yet.
Reply to
Arlen G. Holder

Site Timeline Threads