'92 Seville SLS, 4.9L, occasional puff of blue smoke

I have a '92 Seville SLS, 4.9L, 60,600 miles, which occasionally emits a puff of blue smoke when I start it up. There's no pattern as to when this happens. It just happens when it happens.

Any ideas as to why?

Reply to
Marika E. Buchberger, LRPS

I have it on good authority that it is the valve guide seals. After you shut your car off, oil will drip down the valve stems pass the faulty seals that are supposed to prevent this and when you start your car, it will burn this oil off, making the blue smoke you see. It's really nothing to worry about if you can get it fixed, fixed it, if not, keep driving it.

Reply to
Pam and Chris