Cadillac SRX - dreadful Ultraview glass roof

Hello ev'rybody,

I live in Germany and my Cadillac SRX (build 2005) drives me nuts. I have the model with the huge Ultraview Sunroof. The dealer has just exchanged this glass thing for the third time (!) because of those dreadful wind noises I get when driving at speeds higher than 80 miles an hour. To no avail. We are desperately looking for a practical solution. It seems that a kind of uplift effect (like on the wing of a plane) pulls the glass roof upwards at higher speeds and so to come off the rubberfoam seals, thus creating the wind noise. The machanic says the glass roof may be bent and there are no adjustable screws or alike to make it press more firmly down onto the seals.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Andreas

Reply to
A. Mueller-Witt

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 19:52:52 +0100, "A. Mueller-Witt" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Haven't the foggiest on how to fix it. Do you have any lemon laws in Germany? Here in the US usually after the third time you go into arbitration with the manufacture.

BTW -- I do not have a similar problem with my 2007 SRX, although I do have a couple of other issues.

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses

Thanks for your answer. Apart from the d*****d glass roof the car runs fine. Some minor issues. I will give the dealer one more chance.

Just nosy. What are yours?

Andreas

Reply to
A. Mueller-Witt

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 17:32:16 +0100, "A. Mueller-Witt" wrote something wonderfully witty:

  1. Some minor noise from the Ultra-View which are usually mitigated by driving with the sunshade full closed. 2. A sensation of surging or missing at approximately the 70 - 75 MPH range, most noticeable @ ~72mph. 3. The navigation system apparently appearing to loose its mind on a route that it had previously both successfully mapped & transversed before. For example, telling me to make a left-hand turn while on a major Interstate Highway. 4. Rather abysmal gas mileage compared to the advertised MPG. 5. The internal cell phone system performing poorly with the people on the opposite end reporting ever other word coming across, or my sounding as if I am in a cave. 6. The internal cell phone system randomly placing it's own calls. 7. Tires constantly requiring reinflation losing about an average of 5 PSI every other month or so.

That would be about the list on my end. All rather weird and nit-noid complaints that the dealer says don't exist while the car is in their position. Other then there rather odd & intermittent anatomies I actually pretty much like my vehicle as well finding it extremely comfortable, smooth riding, and with a nice smooth power band.

Reply to
The Wolf With the Red Roses