04 Cadillac SRX

Looked at a Cadillac SRX on Sunday when the dealers are closed. Its a new AWD station wagon looking thing with a Cadillac crest on the tailgate.

Its got a $1800 glass roof option called All View ( or something like that ) It starts at the front edge of the roof and goes back just beyond the second row seat. It appaers the glass opens up in the center and slides to the rear of the roof. I was also wondering if the front portion also slid back?

For $1000 you can get a power folding third row ( 2 passenger ) seat that would be good for a small dog to sit in. The rear seat cushion sits on a flat floor, so there is no footwells for feet.

All Wheel Drive was optional for $1900 Of the 8 SRX's on the lot, 6 were equiped with the AWD & power fold seat pushing the cost of the beast up to $56,000 Base price was $36,000

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~273,777 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Thinking of replacing your Bonneville Harrryface?

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Not a good start for the new HFV6 engine. Although its the first series so you can expect teething problems until they are ironed out. Was this engine built in Mexico?

-- Regards Dan.

Reply to
Dan---

Just window shopping, JCR, keeping my hands in my pockets.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~273,777 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Buy a new GTO. You don't need four doors, old man! Get rid of that Wrong Wheel Drive too.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

Now this guy has some taste. :-)

-- Regards Dan.

Reply to
Dan---

| >Just window shopping, JCR, keeping my hands in my pockets. | | | Buy a new GTO. You don't need four doors, old man! Get rid of that Wrong | Wheel Drive too. | |

...and save $20K. I'd love to have the 1967 GTO I used to own. Man, that was over 30 years ago!!!

Reply to
James C. Reeves

DS babbled on:::: buy a new GTO........

Dan wrote : Now this guy has some taste.

Dan,

This DS character has no taste, he dosen't know what he's talking about He's not even dry behind the ears yet ! He's only been driving for 4 years.

His idea of of car is one that kills the average man's back, lacks rear seat room for 300 pound fatties, requires months to repair and is virtually useless in snow. DS is stuck in the 80's time warp.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE, 3800 V6 _~_~_~_~274,049 miles_~_~_ ~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Oh.

I thought he was talking about the Holden built GTO. It must be the heat wave at the moment causing my brain to fart. :-)

-- Regards Dan.

Reply to
Dan---

Ouch... I hate to see what Harry says about me when I'm not reading the newsgroup :D

I used to want a Camero Firebird or Corvette when I was a kid... now after having spent alot of time behind the wheel of all of them I don't like how cramped they feel and how bad visability is, expecially front visability in the F bodies and rear visability in the vette (except the convertible, with the top down, top up its horrible) the C4 corvette was even worse getting in and out of because of that stupid frame rail in the way.

Reply to
Paradox

Four years? I'm pretty sure 1997 was more than four years ago ...

Reply to
Dennis Smith

C'mon, you're the same age as me. You'd rather be driving some 4 or 6 cyl Wrong Wheel Drive slug???

You only need the drivers seat. Who cares how small or cramped the rest of the interior is. Hell, I drove my '71 around for a summer with nothing more than a driver's seat and dash.

Reply to
Dennis Smith

Dennis Smith said " You only need the driver seat, I drove my 71 around all summer with nothing but a driver seat & dash.

Most people have friends, relatives & lovers that also ride in the car with them. Unless your a cheesehat wearing Packer fan, like you, then nobody will ride with you, except maybe your rusty tool box...

LOL !!