need mechanic for '70 Eldorado in Boca Raton

Does anyone know of a trusted mechanic in the Boca Raton, Florida area who is willing to work on a 1970 Cadillac Eldorado?

I never had this problem in Massachusetts but here in FL, they seem chicken-bleep to work on an old car with a lot of rust underneath.

I need someone who REALLY knows what they're doing. Dealership said they actually would not touch the car and claimed if they worked on something, they'd break something else. I need (probably) a new brake line (snapped over the weekend) and a definitely need a new CV boot on one side and a thermostat and probably a starter motor as well. Any recommendations are welcome. Thank you.

Reply to
The Derfer

I was a Cambridge guy.

Made the right move.

Reply to
The Derfer

Where were you in Mass?

In the Greenfield area, there was a guy working at Midas, and I went there one day and said, "Where's ....?"

Went back to NC. Got sick of rusty cars...

Those guys aren't used to dealing with stuck bolts, etc.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Cambridge? Man! I live in the Greenfield area, and I like wide open spaces. I did a job on Bent Street and was getting claustrophobic!

Have to admit, we were about a block from the Charles, and a nice lunchtime walk along the river looking into Boston on a sunny fall day was pretty cool. Walked past the place where Acoustic Research used to be. There were a lot of interesting companies in Cambridge at one time.

Microsoft just opened a campus next to MIT. That's what we were doing there.

Just can't figure why MS would pay another IT company to come in and set up their servers! And, we made a LOT that weekend, too! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

CV boot????

If I were you I'd get all of the brake lines replaced, if there is a lot of external rust in general. Just a total swapout of everything with modern stainless lines. It's expensive, but so is death.

I happen to have here a program from the Boca Raton Concours D'Elegance which lists ads from a bunch of companies that do restoration work on vintage cars, including "Complete Car Care Center" on 1st ave, "Craven Auto Center," "European Carstar" and "A&S Auto Repair." I can't say if any of these are any good since I've never been to Boca (my car has way too much rust to get accepted into the Concours D'Elegance) but they might be good starts.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey