MOT frustration

I get the Prius serviced by a company who cares for autos across the nation, that may well be on the verge of being re-branded by a popular
car accessories shop....
So they sent me a mailshot offering a cheap MOT for any privately owned car I had.
Seemed nice and easy - I know the Cinq. inside out now, and know it's pretty sorted. But they failed it - headlamp aim (OK, not something that's easy to check at home) and on both front CV gaiters.
Thought this was odd, as I'd recently-ish had some work done by my local mechanic who had told me he had to re-secure the gaiters, but they were otherwise OK.
So I dropped it back to him, and he took it for an MOT at his usual place yesterday - without doing any work on it.
Came back with a pass - and just the usual advisory that there's a bit of rust underneath (at 13 years and 91k miles old, this doesn't come as too much of a surprise).
So my 'cheap' MOT has now cost me more than getting my local man to do it in the first place.... although it was less convenient to use him - he doesn't do stuff as you wait.
What's the thoughts on taking this further? - I don't think it's worth the hassle of going via VOSA, as they'd want to inspect the car and I'm going to be hacking it around Castle Combe very soon.
Worth contacting said national provider of care for autos to express my concerns?
I'll certainly not be allowing the company hack anywhere near them again.
--
SteveH

On 21/01/2011 23:35, SteveH wrote:

Speaking of a popular car accessories shop, anybody seen their website recently? I suspect it'll get fixed quite soon...

Depends on your ISP.
The .co.uk site only redirects to the .com site anyway.
--
SteveH

On 21/01/2011 23:49, SteveH wrote:

You mean if their DNS is up to date?

I'm guessing it's the .com which they've failed to renew.

Yes.
T'other way around.
--
SteveH

On Jan 22, 10:35am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (SteveH) wrote:

Depends on the branch, and then the management.
Found my local one to be really good, helpful and reasonably priced before moving to oz. Towards the end the boss changed and seemed to not be as good after that. I did work in a photocopy centre once which another branch used for copying their training materials. These materials included methods to scare female/gullible customers into having a cambelt change done whether they needed it or not. Such as "do you know when your cambelt was last changed?" "well if you don't know it''s best to have it done or else your engine could be ruined" etc etc.