Some Camaro fans have put together a list of owner-submitted things to watch out for with the new Camaro. It seems that about every every other Camaro that rolls off the line is a bucket of fail. But if you are set on having a first year production Chevy Camaro you should inspect the vehicle very carefully before leaving the dealership.
This list is mainly a checklist for things wrong that a dealer can
immediately fix. A broken transmission or bad drive-shaft from
dropping the hammer on this beast is something that they won't know
until it actually happens.
001. Loose Bolts that hold fluid back causing leaks (ex: on oil pan,
002. Trunk Locking mechanism (issues with opening w/o adding down
pressure to top of trunk first and/or emergency release appears to be
loose keeping the trunk from locking properly)
003. Loose plastic paneling around the 4-gauges cluster, launch
control, cigarette power plug as well as Left and Right A-Pillars
Trim Loose, sill trim loose, and dash pannel where doors and dash
meet popping open.
004. Loose Spoiler/installed correctly (Re-torque Spoiler bolts)
005. Wiper transmission cable overheating from engine causing a short
006. Matching Headlight Halos strength. (one defective being dimmer
then the other).
007. Mismatched paint on parts of the vehicle (including gas door). As
well as paint runs or clear coat runs. Paint Chips.
008. Loose Rocker Panel "Chevrolet" causing it to peel off.
009. Minor Problem With Window Indexing.
010. Ambient Lighting on doors defective.
011. Bad radiator (leaks).
012. Hood release/latch issues (won't unhook to open the hood).
013. Gap at base of ONStar Antenna.
014. Battery cable routing near the starter has been done.
015. Digital Speedometer is off. Also keeps going on and off.
016. Bottom pulley shakes and needs replacement per dealer.
017. Broken tranny.
018. Ignition Mechanism Issue with key getting stuck in car.
019. Non RS taillights installed on RS equipped cars (all 4 of them).
020. Rocker Panel aligned with body and clipped in correctly.
021. Bumper rubs with body
022. Trunk opens with switch and remote
023. Correct speedo/tach gauge ring color
023. Ambient lighting on drivers door as bright as passenger door
024. Doors gaps /alignment
025. Dirt/bubbles in rally stripes
026. Door panel not scratched from seat belt.
027. Shift knobs wearing out extremely fast could be faulty material
028. AC system stops blowing cold air in random durations, most likely
blockage in AC drainage and/or AC draining into the car instead of
029. Clunking noise in changing gears
030. Trunk opens with remote and laser cut key
031. USB drive and aux port works
032. Squeaky Breaks
033. GFX installed correctly
034. Rims and tires in good condition (coming off carrier in bad
035. Check for damage in the interior, basic procedure
036. Check the locking mechanism of both doors
037. Scraping sound for a second when backing up
038. SS emblem on trunk is loose
039. Loose interior windshield trim loose
040. The front GFX lip is not coming loose at the double sided tape
041. The front passenger brake rotors are not wearing with a dark
042. Hood latch handle on inside of cab doesn't retract properly (just
043. Scratches in seats
044. Oil cooler leaking
045. Once in every 10-15 times I unlock the car, the drivers side door
is still locked, while
the locking knob on the door is in the "up" position
046. Faulty as gauge (improper readings)
047. Missing paint around the headlights
048. Bleed screw on clutch slave cylinder loose
049. Stickers on rockers peelin
050. Scratches on window pillars
051. Misaligned body & door panels as well as hood not centered
properly (more to one side then the other)
052. Alignment of doors to dash interior the door interior seems to
sag below the dash interior
053. Drivers side roof light( the one with the toggle switch) only
works when its toggled over to the passenger side
054. Door sill decals peeling up
055. Paint swirls in driver/passenger door
056. Drive-shaft connection to the differential cracking when dropping
057. Tach Needle Sticking
058. Wiper motor wiring comes through bottom of the cowling-well in
front of the driver. (The fix (decided upon between the dealer and
myself) was to re-insulate the wires, cover the harness with a hard,
slick plastic covering, drill a small hole in the bottom of the
cowling-well (fill the hole with silicone) and use a cable tie down
like the rest of the wiper harness uses to secure the harness to the
floor of the cowling (the grommet will collapse downward with little
force), far away from harm from the wiper arms.)
059. engine makes continuous clicking noise, starting roughly 5
seconds after engine starts
060. Door Sill plates wrinkled on outside edges (both sides)
061. Trunk gasket at bottom of rear window coming off
062. Uneven Dash (driver's side dash is lower then passenger's side)
063. Passenger/Driver's side Fender alignment off. (wheel cover well
had to come off, then loosen fender bolt, and it pops right in
064. Key won't stay in folded position
065. Faulty Tail lights.
066. Weather stripping at back of rear windows loose (I can literally
grab and peel it back).
067. Missing or peeling paint between trunk lid and spoiler (right
rear section)-could possibly spread over time down the trunk lid.
068. Driver's seat makes clicking noises when set all the way back.
View the attachments for this post at:
- posted 10 years ago