Back end sliding??

I have been noticing that from a stop, like a stop sign or stop light, if I give it more than just the normal slow accelerate, the back end slides to the side and then takes off.. is this natural.. or is there something wrong? I am not even flooring it for this to happen. Any ideas would be helpful.

Reply to
KITT

Tires are the most likely culprit. Mine will only kick out on wet or slippery roads. Bridgestone Potenza RE 910. Decent in the wet and very good traction on the dry pavement. A little costly though at $100-150 per tire.

...Ron

--

68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird

Newly updated

Some are wise and some are otherwise

Reply to
RSCamaro

That is a distinct possibility.. the tires I have on there are probably the original ones.. they are completely shot... I have noticed that my brakes are almost completely worn off as well... not cheap fixes.... Bought a new nose for it.. and everything else electrical is working except for the cruise, horn and the "cranking position of the ignition" I think the wires in the steering wheel are broken or disconnected, which is why the cruise, horn and ignition don't work.. the steering wheel and the whole steering column are really lose.. so I want to take that off and see whats up. Dennis said I am better off having someone else do it, cause of the special tools needed... So I am getting there....

Reply to
KITT

if your tires are not spinning when this is happening then check under the car for loose sway arms or linkages,springs etc. if nothing is found you many need to check the frame for rust through. and if still nothing you'll need to beef up the linkage.

Reply to
S.S.I.N.

The crank position sensor wiring should not pass through the steering column.

--

98 Camaro

Reply to
98 Camaro

I have the same problem and people told me to just put cinder blocks in the trunk to weigh down the back. I haven't tried it so im not sure if it works or not.

Reply to
cheezhead6

lol

the trunk to weigh down the back. I haven't tried it so im not sure if it works or not.

Reply to
Drinkenstein

This is simple physics....think about it.

Still got questions? I'll be glad to explain downforce if you think it'll help. But there are less heavy ways to ensure that power is delivered to the pavement.

GLK9MM