GTO - The Wheely Guarantee

Hi, I've heard that the 66 Goat was gauranteed to pull a 'Wheely' with the standard factory setup. Is this an 'Urban Legend'?Cre

yoopdjlo

The factory setup? Not without the help of traction masters and some wide tires, back then that was a big deal. But yeah, I saw it at the track one night.

A rich kid and his new ride. I don't remember his time though. About 3 or

4 inches, just enough to see, the lights on the otherside of the track were perfect for the view.

Reply to
CFL News Server

Nope, it didn't happen, with or without a garantee. The 66 goat was quite a muscle car, but there were a lot of 64,65,66 and up factory superstocks that would blow the Goat's doors off and they didn't do a wheelies when ripping the goat a new ass. I know, I owned a 65 Goat and got my ass kicked many a time by a SS409, SS427, 2+2 421, 426, 410, etc. Superstocks ruled the stock factory cars, but muscle cars, were a bargain, providing a lot of bang for the buck. If I had it to do over again, I'd of bought a 425hp SS409. It wasn't even a close race between the 66 SS409 and a 66 Goat. I got shut down every time I tried the SS409. Like the 57 chevy, the goats are legendary and now have a tremendous resale value, but they got beat at almost every stop light and if stock, still do today. The only thing the 389 goats an 396 malibus shut down were pony cars. Superstocks were way out of thier league.

I now have a stock 2000 LS1 Trans am convertible with a 6 speed, and it will blow the doors off the stock tri-power goat any time any day of the week, It won't touch a stock 66 425hp 409 though. Just like in the old days, my poncho is still shut down by the superstockers.

Reply to
Morty McSnerd