Parked 1 year -- how to prep?

I've got a 1994 Camaro 6-cyl. which has been parked for more than a year, with no prep done. The battery was removed about five months ago, but other than that, it is exactly as it was parked the last time it was driven, in January 2004.

I've got a new battery for it. But what should I do to get it ready to run? And IF it starts now, as is, without any prep, do I risk anything driving it three miles to my mechanic's?

Thanks.

Jim Beaver

Reply to
Jim Beaver

nah...just make sure u have good clean gas in the tank...if not b sure and not run it...it will clog all the filters...if its bad drop the tank and empty it. and refill it..about 30min to do. make sure u have enough fluids. oil. antifreeze. etc. but other than that it should b fine

Reply to
355-Camaro