Re: Terrible Brakes On 3rd Gen

I own a 91 Z28 and have no problems at all. Well, stopping power I have no problems. But I do have a squeek that constantly occurs on the right rear. Midas insists it is because I have metallic brake pads (came that way when I bought them). He said the rotors are in good condition also. I also have a loud and deep HUM that occurs when light braking. Same spot on the car. The parking brake didnt work, so he put a new cable on it. Maybe it will just take time for the parking brake to get those rears adjusted over time. I dunno.

I own an 88 IROC and I've never liked the brakes or the resulting stopping > power. Replaced master cylinder, booser, pads and turned rotors but still > not satisfied. Has anyone upgraded the brakes on one of these? If so, what > did you upgrade to and how happy were you with the results. I'd even > consider going to 16 or 17" wheels to accomodate larger disks, if necessary. > > Mike > >
Reply to
PeptoP

My 88' Bird with 4 wheel disc stops on a dime. I'm sure that there are plenty of donor cars to make yours into a 4 wheel disc car also.

...Ron

--

68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird

Some are wise and some are otherwise