Questions about First gen Subframes

I have a '68 Camaro coupe (Not an RS or an SS) with a small block 327, has PS, no AC or PB. My Subframe is bent and needs to be replaced. My questions are: What are the differences between the first generation 67-69 subframes and how different is a Nova 68-72 subframe in comparison to a Camaro's? Can a '68 Camaro subframe be exchanged with one from a Nova? If so, are their any modifications that need to be made? Thanks a lot and I hope to heare from some of you soon. Steve

Reply to
Steve

The Nova, Omega, Ventura, and Apollo subframes should all fit with minor modifications. You may have to drill out some holes in the frame to fit what you have now or you may just luck out and get a front disc subframe complete. I believe that you can buy an aftermarket frame now also. Do a search and see what you come up with.

...Ron

--

68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird

Some are wise and some are otherwise