Temperature gauge increases with air flow change in car

Greetings all,

I ahve a problem that is driving me nuts (no oun intended)!

Whilke driving my 94 Camaro, i have noticed lately that when i change the air direction on the climate control to either defrost or panel, the temperature guage goes from around 180 to under redline. I change the air flow to floor, and the temperature decreases.

A friend of mine said that the freon in the AC system needs to be adjusted. Apparently the pressure was too low and these model camaros have a tendency to do this.

My question is, how do i fix this? Is it the air flow, and if so why? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Reply to
Shadowwing

does the temp change happen immediately?

Reply to
gorrilla

Yes,

As soon as i change the direction of the air from panel or from defrost to floor the temperature drops like a rock.

Reply to
Shadowwing

In my humble opinion I think that it's probably an electrical problem. The chances of the engine coolant temp changing that drastically in such a short period of time is pretty much nil. It really could be anything. The climate control system might have a bad ground and it is "stealing" the ground from the cluster. Again I'm not sure this is what's happening, but it is a possibility. I've seen a bad headlight ground cause the turn signal indicator to come on and still light up the headlight. That was no fun to figure out. I guess my advice would to be to take it to someone who has a good understanding of auto electrical systems and the proper tools and diagrams for your car.

Reply to
gorrilla

Cool, Thank you for the Help!

Reply to