'07 GMC WT 5.3L - Couple 'o Questions

Hi, Picked up my '07 GMC last week. Great truck, rides excellent, and pretty economical for a 5.3! I'm just wondering:

  1. Active Fuel Management - isn't there supposed to be a message in the odometor area advising that the engine had gone into 4 Cylinder Mode?

  1. There's an accessory availiabe - Driver Information Center. Is this a plug and play-type unit? Is there a harness that this unit plugs into behind the dash panel? I'm wondering if the .00 invenstment is worth it.

Also have a bug that needs to be ironed out by the service techs: My radio keeps resetting itself to 12:00am, along with my phone book list in Onstar. Not a big deal to fix, I'm sure. Just curious - Has anybody had this issue?

Thanks

Reply to
07_GMC

Don't know about a WT, but mine (SLE) has a vertical row (4 buttons) just to the left of the guage cluster. The DIC reads V4/V8 and estimated current mileage and a lot of other info. In only 3 tanks so far, the display of actual mileage is quite close. No issue with the radio/onstar here.

Reply to
Meebers

Look at owners manual. I have a row of buttons just right of the gauge clusters that control what you see on the gauge.

No problems with radio or Onstar, and am very impressed by the turn by turn feature they have.

Reply to
Bill

Thanks for the reply Bill. I'd LOVE to look at my owner's manual, but I don't have one. Someone snagged it outta my truck at the dealership most likely. My dealer has ordered me one and it should be here shortly.

I don't have any buttons to the right of my guages, just the reset button for the odometer. That button shows oil life, tire pressure, trans temp, etc. The add-on I was asking about replaces the panel to the left of the instrument cluster - it has a number of buttons running from top to bottom.

Thanks again.

Reply to
07_GMC

I thought those buttons were standard. I only have the LS version. You will get more info with the other four buttons. Allows you to program things like how the doors lock or unlock, how lights work when you use the key fob. Mine has the reset button too just above the speedometer too. Your reset button shows some of what my buttons alongside the gauges do.

Reply to
Bill

Owners manual is available on line from gm.

Reply to
Troy Sigwing

GM.Com takes you to Goodwrench.com, then takes you to helminc.com.

Helm shows owner's manuals only for the Classic Series - not a big deal, I'll get one from the dealer soon enough. Thanks

Reply to
07_GMC

I downloaded mine from there.

Reply to