1/2 ton express van questions

Hi everyone. I just bought a 96 1/2 ton express van over the weekend. I got a great deal on it. It has 131k miles and looks almost new. I know it has the 5.7L vortec. I'm not sure which transmission. The only issue it had was with braking. It pulled to the right and wobbled while stopping. I replaced front brakes and rotors and fixed that problem. The pedal is still spongy with more pedal travel than I think is right, but stops the van easily. I suspect the backs are equally worn. It also looks like it needs a complete fluid flush. So the questions:

If I flush the brake lines, is there anything special I need to remember/do with the ABS pump? Is there a procedure I need to follow or does it need to be advanced somehow or can I just bleed the lines like normal?

There's a relatively quiet wub-wub-wub sound while driving. It's speed related, braking has no effect. I'm thinking it's either a rear wheel bearing (replaced the fronts already), cupped tires, or the diff. Can anyone suggest something else to check? maybe a u-joint?

Is there a way if I can tell if this is the original transmission or a rebuild? The fluid is completely clean.

thanks

brian

Reply to
brian lanning