Transmission Fluid Leak

Hi,

My 94 Chev Astro has developed a transmission fluid leak. I put it up on the ramps an crawled under it to see where it was leaking, and it seems to be comming from on of two small (1/4" ?) lines which run from under the transmission oil pan cover to the front of the vehicle. They disappear up into the engine compartment and I can see where they go from there. On of those lines is badley coroded and seems to be leaking at where it is being supported to the frame.

Does it make sense that transmission fluid is leaking from those lines? They look more like fluel lines and they look to small to be the lines that take the fluid to the cooler in the Rad.

If this is where the leak is, can I replace the broken part with a rubber hose, or do I need to replace the entire line?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Bram Ottawa, Canada

Reply to
Brammo

[...]

Boots Crofoot

if its leaking trans fluid out of the line its a trans cooler line :) It sure sounds like the right place too. If so you can replace any part of it you want just use a good oil hose and clamps. Its a good idea to flare the end of the steel lines where you cut them a little so your hose wont blow off under pressure.

Reply to
ShoeSalesman

one way to check and make sure they aren't fuel lines is to crawl under there with a blowtorch and just wave it around the vicinity of the leak without actually touching it to the wet area

Reply to
Dave Bethel