1969 Motor Castings

I am replacing a 1969 Chevy 250 inline 6 cylinder and do not know where to find the casting numbers. Advance Auto tells me that I have a

1973 engine because it is a three bolt starter but I just replaced the starter and the book called for a 3 bolt starter and not a 2 bolt for this model c10 truck. These seem to be critical to the engine I buy. Can anyone fill me in on where to find the engine casting number? Thanks
Reply to
Bugsy Segal

Using Chiltons 1968-1975 AUTO MANUAL

The production Code letters IMMEDIATELY follow the engine Serail; Number . The NUMBER is found on a pad at the front right hand of the cylinder block JUST TO THE REAR of The DISTRIBUTOR !

1968 cr, ca, ck, cn, cq, cr bo ba bg bp bj bl bq are 1969 1969 start with a B 1970 CC 1971 ca, cca 1972 cnj, cdl, cbh cbk 1973 ccl, ccm

Manual also says to REMOVE 2 Bolts from the starter For ALL YEARS !

Reply to
no one

There is some info in this article. It oly goes to 1962, but the castings numbers may be in the same location. Behind the distributor, passenger side.

Eightupman

Reply to
Eightupman