1985 S-10 Not Getting Gas

I have been trying to get my S-10 running for some time now. It is getting gas up to the fuel injector, but not through the fuel injector. I just replaced the fuel injector, but that didn't seem to help any. Does anyone know about the electrical connection on top of the fuel injector. Is that some kind of comtrol coming from a computer? Is there a way to short, or otherwise bypass that to see if that is what is preventing the gas from getting through? If anyone has any advice please pass it along. Thanks, Clint

Reply to
cs1024

it is the method by which the computer actuated the injector.

yes, see above.

umm, no, that's not how they work. the electrical signal coming from the computer is what causes the injector to open. the injector is nothing more than a high speed normally closed solenoid. you might want to get ahold of a noid light to check and see if your injector is getting power. you plug the noid light in place of the injector and it lights up when the injector is supposed to be passing fuel. if the light doesn't blink, your problem lies elsewhere.

HTH, Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase