1996 & 1998 GMC pick up

I have had both of these trucks since new. Currently have approx.

140,000 kilometers on them. They have never given me any problems until this year. Both seem to be experiencing same symptoms. In wet damp weather, can hardly start them. Will crank over but not start. Have to try 5-10 times before starting. When the trucks do start, large puff of grey smoke from tailpipe with heavy gas smell. Any help appreciated. Thank you.
Reply to
olrac_ed