1998 Blazer Parking brake ratchet

Hi all, I have a 1998 Blazer that I bought new in Dec 1997. Around Jan 2001 the foot parking brake ratchet broke. The dealer replaced it back then. Now the other day it broke again. I only use it to hold the truck from rolling when the motor running ( It's a 5 speed transmission) that might be once a week or so. Has anyone else having a problem like this? I have a 1970 Camaro that I have owned since 1972 and I have never had a problem with the parking brake to this date. What's involved to change it out myself? Any comments, or word of wisdom? Thanks. for reading my post. Big Duke

Reply to
Big Duke