2000 Chevy blazer suspension question

Howdy all,

I have a 2000 blazer, 4 door/4 wheel drive/S10. I am getting a popping noise from the right front when I turn sharp right turns and when I brake, small popping/crackling noises.

I hadn't had the time to get up under there and look yet, but someone said they thought it was that the joint was probably dried up and needed lubed. I was told by someone else that there wasn't any place to grease the fittings that it was a closed system(?).

Can someone tell me if this is so?

Thanks in advance!!

Jim

cowboy67@casscomm(DOT)com

Reply to
Cowboy67

does the popping coincide with your speed? if so, your right side outer CV joint is most likely gone to crap... they definitely click/pop when they're worn out. as for greasing them... well you can't with it still in the vehicle, and if you go to the trouble of removing it, you're better off replacing it with a reman'd axle as they're only 50-80 bucks.

HTH, Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Check the grease fittings on your upper and lower ball joints. They should be firm to the touch (full of grease). A popped grease boot and no lube on the balljoints will cause a popping noice on sharp turns.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"