2000 Express van has poor brakes!

My 2000 Express 1500 conversion van has very weak brakes, very little stopping power. It has less than 20 K on it now and it had about 8 K on it when I bought it in

2002. I've never had the brakes worked on so the lining is probably stock. It has disc on the front and drum in the back. It weighs close to 6,000 lbs and maybe that is the cause. Has anyone else had this situation? Is there a fix for this problem? Thanks for any help, Matt
Reply to
Matt

snip

I'd say this is a hint