2000 silverado with water on the floor board

I have a 2000 Chevy silverado 3 door. the problem is i keep getting water on th passenger side floor board. Thought it was th Heater core but there is no glycol in the carpet so I pulled out the carpet closed the door and had my brother put the hose to the outside of the truck and nothing. NO water leaked from anywhere. If anybody has any suggestions please help I am wearing out the seat bolts from taking them off and putting them back on to dry the carpet.

Rickey

Reply to
RK

Could it be the AC condensing water into the cab? Some cars have a hole under the AC "radiator" that drains to the engine side of the firewall. It leaves a nice puddle of water right behind the passenger front wheel.

My humble guess . . .

Justin

Reply to
Justin Mahn

Well, it may be a problem like my '95 S10 had - did the same thing, drove me crazy. I finally pulled the carpet & trim away on the passenger side (right side, next to where the passenger's feet go) , and sprayed a hose into the wheelwell - found where a seam hadn't been sealed well. Some RTV sealant applied liberally in both inside & outside fixed the problem.

And yes, definitely pull the seats & carpet afterwards, or it will never dry out properly.

- Larry

Reply to
Larry Anthony

Yeah, I've had that happen, too - the drain hose will be shaped so that it is flat on the end - I guess to keep out road junk. Unfortunately, mud & whateve seals it shut, so when the drain hose fills up, it dumps onto the carpet. Sometimes you can hear it sloshing inside the evaporator housing. Easy to check.

- Larry A.

Reply to
Larry Anthony

check the wire harness rubber boot that comes from the door

My 2003 Tahoe rubber boot was not placed right into the metal to seal right.

Reply to
cds