Water leak on 1998 Trooper Please help fill up with water.

I have a 1998 Trooper that I have had back to the dealership to check this water problem but they can't duplicate it. I have water coming in on the passenger side floor board when it rains. When the Trooper goes through a car wash or is covered with snow and it melts no water gets in. The dealership let a hose run down the windshield on the passenger side with hopes it was the fresh air box not draining but as I said it could not be duplicated. I also have had the windshield checked and all the seals are tight. When the carpet was found to be wet I pulled the carpet back and could see a little bit of water coming down the inside of the passenger side firewall. Please help I am a first time Trooper owner and I don't want it to be like a Flintstone vehicle.

Reply to
GRIFTER007

is it only after/during driving? this came up in the NG or another a while back. problem was fromt he inside of the wheel well water spryed up from the tire was seeping through a hole in the wheel arch into the inside

water problem but they can't duplicate it. I have water coming in on the passenger side floor board when it rains. When the Trooper goes through a car wash or is covered with snow and it melts no water gets in. The dealership let a hose run down the windshield on the passenger side with hopes it was the fresh air box not draining but as I said it could not be duplicated. I also have had the windshield checked and all the seals are tight. When the carpet was found to be wet I pulled the carpet back and could see a little bit of water coming down the inside of the passenger side firewall. Please help I am a first time Trooper owner and I don't want it to be like a Flintstone vehicle.

Reply to
rnf2

The problem happens while the vehicle is sitting or being driven.

Reply to
GRIFTER007

water problem but they can't duplicate it. I have water coming in on the passenger side floor board when it rains. When the Trooper goes through a car wash or is covered with snow and it melts no water gets in. The dealership let a hose run down the windshield on the passenger side with hopes it was the fresh air box not draining but as I said it could not be duplicated. I also have had the windshield checked and all the seals are tight. When the carpet was found to be wet I pulled the carpet back and could see a little bit of water coming down the inside of the passenger side firewall. Please help I am a first time Trooper owner and I don't want it to be like a Flintstone vehicle.

I do have exactly the same problem with my 1987 Trooper. Have looked it overe several times but cannot figure out where the water come's in. It accurs on both side's in my case. Also when the car is parked. Please help. Kind regards, Erik-Jan.

Reply to
Erik-Jan Geniets

GRIFTER007 wrote

passenger >side floor board when it rains.

you need to spray from the ground UP water and from the side of the car water, not from the top down but from the bottom up

it could be the door seal or on the firewall side bottom

literally get under the car and open the hose at full blast

Reply to
Joe Isuzu