2001 Tahoe and remote starter

Has anyone ever had a remote starter installed on a 2001 Tahoe (or similar vehicle)? Did you do it yourself or go somewhere like Best Buy or Circuit City? Can you recommend a particular brand, or advise on one to pass on?

Any help is appreciated.

Reply to
JP

Your tahoe might have the pass lock on it. The way to tell if it does is if the key has a little chip in it. If it does have the pass lock on it you have to have a relay for it. Your better off going to bestbuy to have it installed. One of the best remote start units is viper

Reply to
ls1transam

Another note to add:

If you take it somewhere and they request one of your keys to install in the vehicle for bypassing the pass, take your truck somewhere else.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Thanks for the info!

Reply to
JP

I had a remote start Viper alarm system installed on my 98 Chevy Silverado. It was excellent. Getting the second remote was a special order though and at extra cost. I think the whole kit was just under $700. but the guys at Audio Express in Phoenix did a great job and I have taken a few cars back to them for XM receivers installed. Fairly neat installation.

Reply to
TPBeach