4.3 V6 in a fullsize

I have no problems with new fangled stuff, have quite a bit of trinkets on my vehicles..............it's just the gimmickie shit that get's me going.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Inline, he he he.........................

Oh I see. Reliability in what sense? How is an iridium plug more "reliable" than a standard, platinum or copper plug? What type of resistance value does iridium have as opposed to copper?

Wow are you ever smart. If the cooling system was operating correctly you wouldn't have had to waste your time in the first place as the temp would never have crept above the t-stat rating.. Or, if keeping her undercooled (below 196*F) was the intention, a $5 160* t-stat and ten minutes would have done a better job of that.

I know you'd like to, but, I'm straight and married, sorry bud.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Equally easy to get your wife in bed.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires

Reply to
<memset

Too bad I'm not even married buddy. Nice try though!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

But in a prior post I stated I was married, so hmmmmm, which is it? Ya see, you don't know either way, just what I tell you, so you obviously don't know me, my wife or even what zipcode we live in. That being said, how would you know my wife is easy or not, and even if she is easy, with me being an "old dog", why would you want a piece of my "old bitch?"

The funny thing is, I'm just having fun with you. Nothing you can say via usenet will even strike the tiniest chord in my psyche. But, keep on throwing the juvenile insults my way; it makes you look foolish and makes me laugh!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

LOL. I'm just having fun too. One of the biggest amusements is that you actually think you're getting me riled up. You're a pretty easy guy to fool.. and your "old bitch" is pretty easy to get in bed :P.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires

Reply to
<memset

LOL

Refinish King

PS I thought I had my Neapolitan temper under control? You sure have your Sicilian temper very controlled!

Reply to
Refinish King

Ok well... looks like this thread has gone from what I started to a pointless discussion about a damn Ford... How the hell did that happen. OH WELL, ANYWAY...

Another Update: I managed to run the fuel tank dry and remove it (pretty easy with no fuel in it). The lines look like something Indiana Jones would have unearthed in Egypt. They were rusted and crusted up so bad that they came out in 8 pieces. So a trip to the friendly stealer-ship, and they want almost $300 for everything from the throttle body down to the sending unit!!!

Is there ANYWHERE else I can buy these things without paying a stealership price? I really don't want to pay that much for parts that CAN'T cost more than $25 to make, but if I HAVE to, I will. I have no backup vehicle.

The Sending unit and fuel pump I can get at an autoparts store, but nobody has the lines. I would make my own, but there are 2 rubber portions in each line, and I cna't home-fab those crimps myself. HELP!!

-Tony

Reply to
Tony Kimmell

Tony;

any NAPA or Car-Quest can make up the metal-to-rubber parts of the lines with crimp-on hydraulic fittings that go to a compression sleeve

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Finally... a cure to this trucks troubles! Not exactly the kind of cure I was expecting, but a cure nonetheless, and I can quit ripping my hair out about it.

I dropped the tank, changed the sending unit and fuel pump, along with every bit of fuel line that runs from the tank to the TBI, and the fuel filter. Well... it didn't fix it at ALL. Ended up putting a new distributor cap on it and it runs like a dream now. Must have had carbon-bridging inside the cap or somthing. To the naked eye it seems perfectly normal. I even tried putting the old cap back on to test it, and yup... ran like shit again.

Moral to the story is... if it's runnin rough, first thing you should do is a baisic tuneup!

I'm not mad or sorry that I changed all that stuff though, becasue it needed it anyway. The old fuel pump would lose prime overnight, and those lines were so rusty that it was inevitable that they would need changed eventually. Also, my gas guage now works RIGHT, thanks to the new sending unit.

-Tony

Reply to
Tony Kimmell

Kickass that you got it workin again, bud. Now try to keep it running in awesome shape =).

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires

Reply to
<memset

Maybe he should install a high-speed fan switch to keep it cooler on hot days??

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

or a K$N ?

Reply to
TranSurgeon

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires

Reply to
<memset

That too. K&N adds 500rwhp you know.