4Wd problems

Howdy again group.

91 Chevy Silverado, 5.7 liter, 700R4...

Got snow here in Indiana finally and when I put the thing in 4Hi, it wants to hop as if I were turning on dry pavement while I am going straight down snow/ice covered roads. Never had this problem before. I do periodically engage 4wd during the summer for light off roading and sometimes just to lube everything up. It does turn all the lights on to show 4wd is engaged. What happens is it wants to pull to the right or left at different times, bad. I can't go safely over say 35 MPH.

Any ideas? TIA.

Reply to
Dirty White Boy

Do you have two different sized tires? Had similar problem when I got a flat. The unworn spare on the right wheel was larger than the well worn tire on the left. You never felt such bucking. Also showed up as a big thunk when

4X4 engaged. The fix was to buy two new tires.
Reply to
Jmagerl

Nah, both tires good.

periodically

Reply to
Dirty White Boy

Bob,

I assumed we were talking about the damned front. Both the front damned tires are good as well as the damned back. So, a grand total of 4 damned tires are good. Now when I say good, I mean they are all the same damn size, same damned brand, same damned tread pattern and wear. They were all installed at the same damned time.

Thanks for the damned input.

Damnably yours, Thom

Reply to
Dirty White Boy