700R4 Valve body

I think one of the valves in the valve body on my S-10's 700R4 is sticking a little. It doesn't make the 1-2 full throttle shift soon enough and the engine seems to be hitting the rev limiter. Also, the warmer the transmission the later the 1-2 shift occurs. Plus, if I put the selector in "2" the 1-2 shift if always very late. It's time to change the ATF and filter and while the pan is off anyway I was wondering if I should take the valve body apart. Will I screw things royally by attempting this or is it pretty straight forward?

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

If you have never taken a valve body out before and you aren't very mechanically inclined, I would not attempt it. If you never worked on anything hydraulic, then I think you are asking for problems. If you do take in apart everything must be thoroughly cleaned and oiled back up when assembling. The valve body usually has some little balls (like ball bearing balls) used as check valves. These must be put back in and in the right place.

Reply to
Doug Adams