Chevrolet VIN decoder

2GTEK13T151163487

I have anice little ford vin decoder, just enter the complete vin, and it spits back the info...

anyone have a good resource for an 05 chev truck with the vin above?

All I really want out of it is the rear end gear ratio & engine size.

the 8th is engine, T = V8 4.8 or 5.3 T L25 LM7 5 cyl. 4.8L (292 c.i.d.) 8 cyl. 5.3L (323 c.i.d.) fuel injected

and i guess you can't get the gear ratio anyway???

how do you get the gear ratio of a truck?

Which rear end will offer best fuel mileage?

Reply to
Picasso

For a gear ratio on a GM, you need the "RPO" code. Look in the glove box for a label or sticker with a bunch of codes like A25, B16, etc One of them will be the gear ratio, IIRC it will be one starting with a G.

there is a decoder here

best gas mileage is with a low numerical number ie a 2.73, but you lose acceleration and pulling power. No free lunch !!

--reed

Reply to
Reed

Reply to