88 s10 temperature sensor?

Hello:) I have an 88 s10 which Ive had for about a month with the 2.5

4cylinder. There is a sensor towards back of engine near firewall with a black plug and 2 prongs. I went and purchased a new one because someone (po?) pulled out one of the prongs on the sensor so it wouldnt make contact and make the coolant light(no gauges only warning lights)come on. Now I put the new sensor in and plug it in and the lights stays on but its not overheating(I drove the whole day today and its running cool). I notice there is another sensor like this on the thermostat housing and the plug on this one goes to a little box near the air cleaner assembly(small black computer). Why does the light stay on? Does the temperature switch I bought only control the warning light or is it multifunction and control the computer as well?? Thanks in advance!! :)Nel
Reply to
: