S10 IAT sensor

I have had my 1996 S10 for a few years now and ever time it gets cold in the midwest i have a problem with the IAT sensor. Its fine when its warm, only when its below 40 degrees. (OBDII codes pop)

Sensor has been changed. Head was off and harnesses re grounded. I am assuming its a bad solder joint or such in the computer, but i would hate to risk soldering the computer module to try to fix it while its still running. And trying to find a replacement computer for a 96

2.2 wont be cheap either

Any suggestions?

Bob

Reply to
BOB URZ

And the OBDII code is?

Reply to
Woody

Maybe the coolant temp sensor is out of spec at the lower temps and the ECU blames the IAT sensor when the two aren't in sync?

Reply to
JM

Hey, Bob. Check your email; just sent you diagram of wiring at your computer for '96 with 2.2. HTH, s

Reply to
sdlomi2

Thanks, but you might want to send it again if you could. I am afraid my spam filters got it before I did. The hazards of using your real addy in usenet is 200 spams + a day in the in box.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Urz

Reply to