97 Suburban Stalling After Start Up

My 97 Suburban, 5.7 liter, automatic with 58,000 miles just started stalling after the initial start up in the morning.

It starts fine and then will stall when pressing down on the accelerator to start moving.

It will restart fine after turning the ignition off and then starting it again.

If it is allowed to warn up for 5 minutes it doesn't stall.

I checked for any error codes using a code reader but it doesn't have any error codes.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Alan

Reply to
Alan
97 Suburban Stalling After Start Up Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Sun, Nov 30, 2003, 10:35am (CST-1) From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Alan) My 97 Suburban, 5.7 liter, automatic with 58,000 miles just started stalling after the initial start up in the morning. It starts fine and then will stall when pressing down on the accelerator to start moving. It will restart fine after turning the ignition off and then starting it again. If it is allowed to warn up for 5 minutes it doesn't stall. I checked for any error codes using a code reader but it doesn't have any error codes. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Alan

check your egr for carbon buildup....also try checking the fuel pressure when cold and compair it to a hot reading...... Steve C

Reply to
Steve Cook

Has it slowly been driving a little worse over time and now it stalls when accelarating? if so a $10 fuel filter might be the answer.it took maybe 10 minutes to change. I just had that happen to my 95 Z71 truck. now she runs like new. just a possibility..

Reply to
~Perkins Racing~