98 ex cab 3500 speaker size?

I was just wondering if anyone knows the speaker size that fits the the doors and the extended cab part? and if anyone has replaced them with something other than original equipment and it sounds great what did you use? I looked at best buy last night and listened to some nice sounding

6.5 inch speakers but I heard them in a store hooked up to an amp and not in a truck so it's kind of a shady felling thinking about buying if you know what i mean. Thanks a Million ! Bob :)
Reply to
JustaBenz Perkins Racing

Check out

You can enter your truck info there and it'll tell you what size speakers your truck takes and give you a list of speakers that fit or can be substituted. Unlike buying at best buy or other places, at Crutchfield they include any adapters to plug into your vehicles wiring, and Installation instructions and whatnot which makes things even easier. You always still have the option to buy your speakers someplace else.

Reply to
JBDragon

has the 6.5" and 6.75" speakers to replace the stockers.

Reply to
Im Right

crutchfield sure spends an awful lot of time scouring the newsgroup to fork out their speel. they troll newsgroups and BBS's , it must be part of their sales forces job description.

: :

Reply to
Im Right

Thanks I appriciate it ! I'll check those out ! Have you ever used other brands as sony,pioneer,rockford etc etc and how did they sound? Thanks for any additional help ! Have a Great One ! Bob :)

Reply to
JustaBenz Perkins Racing

Whats wrong wth the orginal speakers, are they damaged? The orginal ones in my blazer sound great, however some idiot before i owed it butchered the dash and wiring putting an aftermarket stereo in it.

Reply to
LARRY929

mine are just shot ! whoever had the truck before me must have had a hearing problem, because if you turn it up much you can hear them bottom out ! sounds horrible.... I found some Infinity speakers I am going to have installed. they are very easy on the ears. crisp clear sound. about $200. Have a Great One ! Bob :)

Reply to
JustaBenz Perkins Racing

You can go to crutchfield.com and get speaker size for any make vehicle out there.

Troy

Reply to
Troy