Any problems with single CD player?

I've had a few problems with my CD player skipping during long use periods (road trips). Seems like once the unit hasn't been used for a while, it works ok while driving around town. Since the design (by an idiot) is a single unit in the console, it procludes replacing with an aftermarket unit. Can anyone provide some background?? v/r Jerry

Darwin is alive and well.

Reply to
BRAVO52