Cannot get CD player in 2018 CRV or Pilot

I cannot get a CD player in 2018 CRV or Pilot which I want to buy for my wife. She listens to audio books constantly so this is deal killer. Does anyone know how to shove a CD player in either of these vehicles ?

Thanks, Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

Forgot to mention, looks like I will get her a Toyota Highlander instead. They still have CD players in the base model.

Thanks, Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

It used to be simple to install an aftermarket CD player/headunit in most cars, but manufacturers have increasingly opted for consoles that make it very difficult to install a standard single-DIN or double-DIN aftermarket unit without butchering the console, which most people are unwilling to do (especially in a new vehicle).

I hate to say it, but there just isn't much demand for OEM CD players in cars anymore - I'm surprised any auto manufacturer is still offering them. I have a large CD collection, but I long ago got tired of fumbling with CDs in the car and made the switch to digital files instead. It's just easier to deal with pairing your phone to the car stereo via Bluetooth and streaming files that way, or even loading them on a USB drive and plugging the drive directly into the car stereo's USB port.

You really ought to consider ripping your wife's audiobook CDs to digital files, which a new CRV or Pilot shouldn't have amy trouble handling.

Reply to
Dave Garrett

Very good thought. I converted to digital in my car back in 06. And I am old. I like having 2000 of my favourite pieces on hand to play.

Reply to
oldtimer

i have been copying music from old CDs onto a SanDisk 256G Flash Drive from Costco & still use an iPod. The 2018 Accords have 2 USB ports for access. Use Windows Media to view & copy the files to the flash drive.

While a pain to set up, you will be able to take your stick when you travel as Android & Apple Auto access is here. There are apps on phones to access talking books, podcasts, etc.

You can get external CD drives with a USB to plug into these ports. The advantage to the flash drive is not having to carry CDs in the car.

cindy

Reply to
csoo

The audio book CDs are from the public library. We don't own them.

Thanks, Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

So?

Rip them to digital files and put them on your wife's phone or iPod. When you're finished with them, delete them.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty