Astro and auto headlights

Hello all, I have done some more checking...

The auto headlight system seems to not be operating properly.

When the truck is started only the DRL fire up. I have to use the switch and manually turn on the head lights which in turn fires up all the marker lights.

I did a voltage test at the senor in the dashboard. I get 5 volts to ground on one of the wires, so I guess the other wire is the "load wire" to turn on a relay of some sort.

Is there a way to test the photocell unit or can I jump out the connector unit without problems and narrow it down to the photocell unit sensor.

Thanks for your help.

Dave-

Reply to
Xanth

I've checked photocells before. Just disconnect, hook up a ohmmeter across it and illumunate it. With a light source on it, a flashlight or the sun should do it, you will have no continuity. Shade it and you will get continuity. Wayne

Reply to
wayne c