Attn. Auto Trans ppl...

What is everyone's opinion of the frame mounted long and lean trans coolers. I have always used the radiator mounted and was wondering if there were benefits to the frame mounted other than not transferring heat to the radiator. I just got an '87 G20 Conversion Van and want to put nice big trans and oil coolers on. There is pretty much NO room in the radiator area and was looking at the frame mounted types. I am thinking about custom mounting a radiator type with its own temp controlled fan. If the Frame mounted coolers are adequate, I will just go with them...

Reply to
Shades