Attn: Ian

My wife is buying a 2004 Malibu Classic with the 2.2 liter 4. Does this have a timing belt or chain. Sorry for posting in the truck group.

Reply to
Kevin Smith

Chain, same as my Caviler. If you set the cruise 70-75 expect 32-35 mpg. above 75 fuel mileage drops. Light foot in town expect 24-26 mpg, for a combined around 28mpg. Romp on it and the mileage drops. Mine seems to prefer 89 octane. will run on regular all right, no ping, or hard starts but the fuel mileage drops to the point the cost of fuel balances out.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning