Black Box revisited

Recently there was some discussion on this ng concerning the presence of a "black box" in newer pickups and cars. In that discussion where one wanted to remove or unhook it so "Big Brother" couldn't have access to the information stored inside, several commented that that would never happen as it is too expensive or difficult to gain access. As I recall the issue went unresolved. I present the following for your viewing pleasure. This appeared in todays Daily Oklahoman under the title "Retrieval system to aid officers"

"Oklahoma Highway Patrol officers have received a crash data retrieval system to help with automotive crash investigations.

The device was given earlier this month by District Attorney Richard Gray.

"Newer automobiles have a similar black box in them; however, this device is necessary to retrieve the information stored in the vehicle's black box," Gray said.

The system will aid officers investigating cases involving automobile crashes and will benefit thte district attorney's office in prosecuting those cases, he said."

I am not taking sides in this issue, just presenting this for your perusal.

George Vigneron

95 GMC 2500 6.5 TD
Reply to
George Vigneron

No please not again....

"Flame On"

nospam

Reply to
NoSpam

Reply to
reitze

I still don't like it.

V.B.

Reply to
vb

Probably the device that tracks if you drive over the speed limit, or go outside their contractual boundaries or whatever they want to track ... one guy on the news got hit with a bill of many thousands $$$ for disobeying the rental contract - his rental had the tracking device

Reply to
Markeau