Wich tranny is in my truck?

Hi all i've got a '79 Blazer 2wd with a 250 engine.The tranny is a 3 speed auto with column shifter but what type is it?Is this a th350 or could it be something else? tia

grtz sax

Reply to
Saxomophone

I would say since it's a 250 six cylinder motor it's probably a TH350. There were some TH375 transmissions used in that era of GM vehicles. I can't remember but I seam to remember that the TH375 was a heavier duty transmission than the TH350. Both should have a square oil pan with one corner cut off.

HTH nospam

Reply to
NoSpam

Several years ago I removed the tranny from a wrecked '80 Chevy full size pickup that had the 250 six cylinder engine, it was a TH350. In fact I still have the tranny setting in the back of my shop with the engine. Its somewhere back there.

Reply to
Diamond Jim

Thanks for the replies guys, guess it's the TH350 after all

grtz sax

Reply to
Saxomophone