Cat. Converters - Aftermarket vs. OEM

Hi all,

Need to have Y pipe/converter, along with pass. side manifold (flanges are rotted) replaced on my '95 5.7 ext. cab. Shop quotes $625 for OEM replacement parts, and $505 for aftermarket parts.

Is there any real difference between the two? Never had a part like this go bad, just wondering really how much better the OEM is than the aftermarket.

Thanks Rick

Reply to
Rick

A long time ago, I had an aftermarket cat converter installed on a car, turned out to be the wrong one for that engine, clogged up, left my daughter stranded. The difference in price may be worth the peace of mind.

Lena

Reply to
Lena