Chevy pickup bogs

Ok. I have a 94 Chevy Silverado with 4.3 v6. About 120,000 but always starts and generally runs fine except for this condition. When the engine is cold, and obviously running richer, it runs strong and accelerates good. But when the engine warms up, It's bogging under hard acceleration or accelerating from higher highway speeds range. Driving on highways is fine until the road starts to incline, then the engine starts bogging even if I give it more throttle. Eventually I have to push the pedal so far down, the truck will have to downshift to 2nd, even at 60mph. And even then it doesnt pull strong, but struggles. If I back off the pedal the engine will actually get more power. It's as though its leaning out, because even the temp gauge rises over 210 during this. Leaner = hotter. I've replaced plugs, cap, rotor, fuel and air filter, and 02 sensor. Ive looked for vaccum leaks but didnt hear any. Or is there a timing problem? Any suggestions?

much appreciation, Drew

Reply to
spokexx

Plugged fuel filter????????

Reply to
Don

yup

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Regarding: "yup "Don" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com... Plugged fuel filter???????? "spokexx" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com... Ok. I have a 94 Chevy Silverado with 4.3 v6. About 120,000 but always starts and generally runs fine except for this condition. When the engine is cold, and obviously running richer, it runs strong and accelerates good. But when the engine warms up, It's bogging under hard acceleration or accelerating from higher highway speeds range. Driving on highways is fine until the road starts to incline, then the engine starts bogging even if I give it more throttle. Eventually I have to push the pedal so far down, the truck will have to downshift to 2nd, even at 60mph. And even then it doesnt pull strong, but struggles. If I back off the pedal the engine will actually get more power. It's as though its leaning out, because even the temp gauge rises over 210 during this. Leaner = hotter. I've replaced plugs, cap, rotor, fuel and air filter, and 02 sensor. Ive looked for vaccum leaks but didnt hear any. Or is there a timing problem? Any suggestions? much appreciation, Drew" =========================== I see in the OP that you stated that you replaced the fuel filter.So that's not it. Have you checked to see if any trouble codes have been set?If it's running lean I believe there is a code that is set by the computer.Report back with this info.

Reply to
Brian Orion

Could be the fuel sock in the tank is plugged with crap.

Reply to
Steve W.

Reply to
Jason

Drew,

Check the air filter and catalytic converter for possible clogs.

Todd

Reply to
Todd

What your describing is exactly what is happing to my P/U I think that the CAT. CONVERTER is bad. I'm going to have to replace mine very soon but, it is very $$$ 200 to 250 Check it out it could be the at Cat.

Ree

Reply to
Ree